TODAYWednesday, 26 May 2021
Next dayThursday, 27 May 2021
Wednesday, 26 May 2021
Next dayThursday, 27 May 2021
May 18, 2020.
Dear Member of the TES community,
Our thoughts are with you at this challenging time, especially with regard to your health. We, therefore, send our best wishes and an ‘abrazo virtual’ to everyone but with a special thought to those of you quietly and bravely suffering from illness.
So, what are we doing in terms of TES decision-making?
Our school leadership continues to monitor closely and follow the latest COVID-19 health and safety decrees and recommendations laid out by the government and the education and health ministries. We also share proposals and ideas with our friends and colleagues in the Bogotá private school and corporate sectors whilst examining the good examples set by similar leading international schools in Europe and Asia as they return to school.
Here in Colombia, we are hopefully approaching the same stage and next week we will be sharing our plan for a safe and well-organised return to school.
More obviously, as you will know from numerous online meetings, we do things guided by The English Way. Our school leadership with SELT (Senior Educational Leadership Team), SALT (Senior Administrative Leadership Team) and parent representative groups, especially the Junta de Dirección and Consejo de Padres, are dedicating many, many hours of our work and time in mutual support and guidance. As our TES parents especially will know this is a very strong and special feature of our school’s decision-making structure and it is to be valued and used appropriately.
We, therefore, thank each and every member of the TES community hugely for their ongoing feedback, support and understanding during this difficult and extended period of campus closure. Our aim is quite clearly to fulfil ‘our mission statement The English Way, actively upholding our core values of respect, trust, integrity and the principles of the IB Learner Profile’.
Our current and developing decisions for the return to school are based on the following factors:
• The virus is not yet fully controlled in the Bogotá city region and therefore there is a health and safety risk for students and staff at school.
• Key information and all steps required for private schools to reopen have not yet been clearly communicated by the government and education ministry for Calendar B private schools for the next academic year. Official forecasts as indicated on this particular site (http://saludata.saludcapital.gov.co/osb/index.php/datos-de-salud/enfermedades-trasmisibles/modelo-covid/) are for peak infection to be passed in time for a projected return to school in August. I am ever optimistic but also realistic.
• Deliverable health and safety protocols and social distancing expectations for schools need to be in place with TES operating a higher level of safety and security than the norms in Bogotá for the foreseeable future.
• The need for safe transport to and from the home to our campus, especially for students and staff.
• Measuring the requirements for the first phases of reopening, our school will change dramatically affecting all learning and teaching engagement and on-site movement.
• The success of our current online TES Distance Learning Plan and how the reopening of the campus will affect that.
• Keeping together as a TES community, because We are all one, The English Way.
During the current extended campus closure, we will continue engaging students and guiding student learning through our established plan. We will continue to actively develop this programme based on our student, staff and parent feedback and we will motivate our students. I continue to be impressed with the level of dedication of students, teachers, support staff and parents across all grades and areas of the school.
In the short term, we hope that everyone in the TES community will do their part to help prevent the spread of infection by following the measures and the guidelines as directed by the authorities and by the school.
Please note that we are looking to re-open our campus in August and we will communicate our plan next week after a thorough consultation phase. Much will depend on the progression of COVID-19 and governmental decisions but our TES community will continue to plan ahead of the game situation.
As always, please do feel encouraged to continue to engage with our school leadership and representative groups through official channels and meetings with any feedback or questions that you may have.
Keep positive and engaged. We will get there together for the students, The English Way!
With kind regards,
TODAYTODAYRECTOR'S BLOG February 8, 2021. Dear members of our English School community, Greetings to you all at this challenging time. Obviously, we are all optimistic at the moment...
TODAYTODAY RECTOR'S BLOG November 6, 2020. Dear Member of the TES community, Greetings to you all! As you will be fully aware, this week, we initiated our long-planned and...
Presentación Sección Primaria.