TODAYWednesday, 04 August 2021
Next dayThursday, 05 August 2021
Wednesday, 04 August 2021
Next dayThursday, 05 August 2021
February 8, 2021.
Dear members of our English School community,
Greetings to you all at this challenging time.
Obviously, we are all optimistic at the moment especially as in Bogotá we are witnessing a rapid decline in the incidence of COVID-19 after a second peak.
Right now, as a result, we are setting our hearts and minds on getting our wonderful TES students and employees back on campus in a safe and secure educational environment in which they can express themselves and engage with each other in our traditional manner, “The English Way”.
We have, of course, waited patiently for almost a full calendar year and with immense self-discipline and support for each other. As we start to come back together on campus, everyone deserves to receive a warm smile and kind, encouraging words, especially those of us who have suffered family bereavement and loss in an existential, personal, spiritual, social or economic sense. We especially thank the carers and medical workers in our TES community and beyond who work so hard to keep us healthy.
As we are all watching the news avidly, we all look ahead and hope that we can now settle in to life in its fullest sense.
In educational communities across the country, including here in Bogotá, we are readying ourselves and implementing our delayed Return Plan. Our English School campus has been upgraded during the COVID-19 crisis and it is an absolute delight just waiting for our students and employees to arrive and enjoy. A sparkling new set of STEAM and English Nursery buildings are ready for occupation, an impressive 21st century health and well-being approach at our main entrance has been installed, the student bathrooms in our Coliseo have been modernised, there are new park facilities for our younger students and we haven’t forgotten to refurbish facilities in our administration block.
We are mindful of the economic situation and we have done all of this because we recognise and respect the desire and the decisions taken by our families and employees to live The English School dream and provide first-class facilities for everyone. These plans have been long agreed and I thank everyone involved for their vision and sheer hard work resulting in these fantastic achievements!
But the real priority for us all is that we are all asking about our grand return to a new normality. What exactly is The English School doing?
Well, we have had our Return Plan in place for a long time now after a great deal of thought and planning, and we have always cast a watchful eye on national and local government announcements and decrees.
We have also shared proposals and ideas with our friends and colleagues in the Bogotá private school and corporate sectors whilst researching the good examples set by similar leading international schools across the world.
We thank each and every member of the TES community hugely for your ongoing feedback, support and understanding during this difficult period and we re-commit to our Guiding Statement, “The English Way”, actively upholding our core values of respect, trust, integrity and the principles of the IB Learner Profile.
Our current and developing decisions for the return to school plan, therefore, continue to be based on recognising the following factors:
- That COVID-19 is not yet fully controlled in Bogotá and there continues to be a health and safety risk for students and employees.
- Key information and steps required for private schools to reopen have been issued by the health and educational authorities for Calendar B private schools.
- Deliverable health and safety protocols and social distancing expectations are being clarified for schools with The English School operating a higher level of safety and security than the norm in Bogotá. This will, of course, continue for the foreseeable future.
- We consider the need for safe transport to and from the home to our campus to be fundamental, especially for students and staff.
- In the first phases of reopening, our school will change dramatically affecting all learning and teaching engagement and on-site movement in the positive manner that you would expect.
- We will be evaluating once again the success and the lessons of our TES Distance Learning Plan, and how the reopening of our campus will affect life for everyone in the community.
- We will also be analysing how we can continue our lives together as a unified TES community, The English Way, especially for Generations 2020 and 2021.
As always, please do feel encouraged to continue to engage with our school leadership and representative groups through official channels and meetings with any feedback or questions that you may have.
Keep positive and engaged. We live and work together caring for all of our students, The English Way!
With kind regards,
Head of School y Rector
TODAYTODAYRECTOR'S BLOG May 12, 2021. Dear member of our Colegio de Inglaterra – The English School community, dear visitor to our website. We hope you are all safe and healthy. Our...
TODAYTODAY RECTOR'S BLOG November 6, 2020. Dear Member of the TES community, Greetings to you all! As you will be fully aware, this week, we initiated our long-planned and...
TODAYTODAY RECTOR'S BLOG May 18, 2020. Dear Member of the TES community, Our thoughts are with you at this challenging time, especially with regard to your health. We, therefore, send our...